Forgive the title of this post, but I've had an idea. How about I use this place as somewhere to rant about people who annoy me? After all, it would be following the trend I've set already. OK, I've done it already - and about people I don't know, which makes me as bad as 'a friend' who seems to be critical of everybody and particularly those she's never met!
On the other hand it's not about the people who annoy me, but their behaviour. (See, I'm learning).
Bear with me if I'm repeating myself, but I'm thinking out loud really and this is an update on a couple of weeks ago. The blog I joined at the end of January has now developed factions, two of them, with a couple of contributors desperately trying to straddle the divide.
The woman who set the thing up, amid protestations about how she was only the Administrator by default and how she'd happily give anyone who wanted, the power to do almost anything and anyway hand over to someone else once things were up and running, is of course a total control freak. She seems to have had fights with most of the regulars including the person who'd offered her own blog as a place of succour before Lawnder started. Any opportunity she can find to post or comment using some sort of mock-modest promotion of herself is leapt on with alacrity. Any pages written by anyone with any sort of imagination have been 'edited' and polluted by her humourless, ignorant additions. She forms alliances at random and apparently will miss no opportunity to snipe at anyone who's disagreed with her. Ok, I put my hand up, but I'm also one of the ones who's voted with her feet and set up my alternative environment.
From however many people we started with. we're down to less than 10 regular contributors and breakaways are starting. I wonder how much longer it can stumble on.....
No comments:
Post a Comment